The moment you've all been waiting for....  

Posted by Jenna

Ok, so probably not... but we've definitely been waiting for it. After six months of searching and hoping and praying... WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!


Here it is! I know... we don't love the arches either, but eh, give a little/take a little.


Here is our kitchen.. it is so spacious, I hardly know what to do with all the room.


The family room...


... and the itty bitty backyard for our itty bitty someday-son to play in!


The whole process has been eye-opening and we have learned a ton about being home owners! So far...

1. Picking out paint is a lot harder than you'd think (so is taping off a house)
2. Doorknobs- such an under appreciated necessity- and quite the chunk of change too!
3. Plumbers have a hard job!
4. No wonder they have stores like Home Depot and Lowes
5. Our families are the greatest blessings we have!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Just some pictures of the painting process..

The "color inspiration" as they say on HGTV







We'll wow you with some before and after pictures someday when we get things put away and decorated :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 8:59 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 comments

YAY!!! i am so glad you found a house!!! And that you ofund my blog so that I oculd look at yours!! When is your baby due??? We are so excited for the little tyke!!! Have you guys decided on a name?

November 3, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Jenna, that's so exciting! I love the house, and for the record I kinda like the arches too. :) Love ya!

November 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM

wow...your like in REAL life. House buying that's big stuff! So exciting. Congrats! And i love it! (good luck painting...it can get to be a pain!)

November 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Congrats you guys! That's so exciting! And don't stress if you still have things in boxes several months later (we still do...)

November 3, 2009 at 11:15 AM

i love it! especially the big beautiful kitchen! can't wait to see it come together bit by bit.

November 3, 2009 at 1:35 PM

That looks so nice! And you have an island in your kitchen! (that is my one requirement for when I someday buy a house)

November 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Someday, someday we will catch up to you... we hope!

I like the paint colors!

November 3, 2009 at 3:27 PM

i can't wait to visit you in this perfect house! honestly, perfect. I love the sage, too (as you can tell from my bedroom at home) - what is the color actually called? i love you!! i can't wait for baby!

November 5, 2009 at 8:34 AM

I like the arches :-)

And I really thought you were going to announce the birth of your child...

...buying a house is almost as good!!! Congrats you guys! That's awesome and so fun. (I'm a little jealous :-) someday!)

November 5, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Yea, I think it looks beautiful. Im so excited you will have a house for the baby coming. We love you and miss you

November 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Yay! I am so glad you found our blog, and even more glad you guys found a house. I LOVE it! It's so cute and you guys will love being home owners, it's a ton of work, but really nice to own. Hope all is weil with you :)

November 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Can I get your address? I want to send you guys a Christmas card :)

December 13, 2009 at 9:34 PM

How exciting! Congratulations... on the house, but especially on the new baby! It was good to hear from you Jenna, looks like life is good in Vegas!

December 23, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Wow how fun! It looks beautiful. I am so glad I know about your blog. Thanks for writing a comment. It was so nice to hear from you. We would love to see you. Are you still living is las Vegas? You are wonderful! Love you.

April 30, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Post a Comment